[linux-dvb] [RFC] cinergyT2 rework final review

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at tikei.de
Mon Sep 22 22:16:12 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:20:42 +0300, Tomi Orava wrote:

[...]

> Could you check what is the firmware version in your device ?
> Check for the "bcdDevice" keyword with lsusb -v -s <busid>:<devnum> I had
> way too many problems with 1.06 firmware version, but the
> newer 1.08 seems to be a little bit better in stability.
> I do think that this device is certainly not the most stable tuner on
> earth but if you don't do suspend/resume with it,
> it should work quite fine.

I have 1.06, but it was rock stable over the years, if I unload the
driver before suspend. And as I use MythTV, the card had pretty much
load (MythTV's EIT crawler).

I just updated to 2.6.27-rc7 and the cinergyT2 driver from
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~tmerle/cinergyT2. Looks good so far.

Regards,
Tino