[linux-dvb] KWorld PlusTV Dual DVB-T Stick (DVB-T 399U) / Afatech af9015 missing adapter1

Andrew Williams andrew.williams at joratech.com
Mon Sep 22 23:42:22 CEST 2008

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

From: Antti Palosaari [mailto:crope at iki.fi]
Sent: Tue 23/09/2008 3:11 AM
To: Andrew Williams; Jose Alberto Reguero
Cc: linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] KWorld PlusTV Dual DVB-T Stick (DVB-T 399U) / Afatech af9015 missing adapter1

Andrew Williams wrote:
> Good day everybody,
> Apologies if this is in HTML, sending from Outlook Web Access at the moment.
>
> I am having a problem with the KWorld PlusTV Dual DVB-T Stick (DVB-T
> 399U) / Afatech af9015 USB stick.

<-snip->

> Again, thanks for all the good work.

I have disabled 2nd adapter by default recently due to problems.
Enabling 2nd FE causes driver sensitivity problems seen as mosaic pixels
in picture. I don't know if this problem exists all devices... 2nd
adapter can be enabled with module param, modprobe dvb-usb-af9015
dual_mode=1 enables it. I will of course enable it by default when
problem is found.

I did small change for GPIO setting to avoid warmboot/coldboot problem
you have seen. Please test.
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015_test

I also changed mxl5005s tuner RSSI enabled - Jose Alberto has found that
old mxl5005 driver was using it always enabled and therefore better
performance for his hardware.

regards
Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/

Thank you kindly Antti.
I will try the above and let you know.

Regarding the pixelation:
I have experienced it, but my dvico dual digital 4 rev 2 in the same machine was doing it as well.
I bought a distribution amp as my 2 splitters (4 way and 3 way) introduced about 12db attenuation.
My signal level has gone to about 75% up from 62% and the dvico is not pixelating anymore.

Will try the kworld/afatech from the above http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015_test in about 10 hours when I get home and
will let you know about the warm booting, dual tuners as well as the pixelation and whether teh distribution amp has eliminated it.

Thanks muchly