[linux-dvb] TT Budget S2-3200 CI: failure with CAM module

Jaap Crezee jaap at jcz.nl
Tue Sep 23 11:50:37 CEST 2008

> Jaap Crezee wrote:
>> Again, when I remove the CAM module, everything works fine (as for FTA
>> channels...). Tools like dvbdate, dvbtraffic and mplayer
>> /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 work fine.

I just created a patch to add a budget-ci module param to the driver to disable the CI interface at module load time.
This way I can still use the card when the CAM module is inserted.
Maybe it is good enough to integrated it with the current hg tree?

> I've got SkystarHD+CI Slot+Aston 2.18 and it works OK (for decoding some
> channels like HBO/MINIMINI I must wait very long time, but it works)

I have waited long enough (more than 6 hours) and still no results.
Anyone got it working with a TT S2-3200 and AstonCrypt CAM module?

regards,

Jaap Crezee