[linux-dvb] Satelco EasyWatch reception woes in the 11700-11800 MHz range

Niels Wagenaar n.wagenaar at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 23 15:36:09 CEST 2008

-----Original message-----
From: David Santinoli <marauder at tiscali.it>
Sent: Tue 23-09-2008 15:16
To: linux-dvb at linuxtv.org;
Subject: [linux-dvb] Satelco EasyWatch reception woes in the 11700-11800 MHz range

> Hi,
>   I'm experiencing reception problems (blocky video and scratchy audio)
> with my Satelco EasyWatch PCI card (PCI ID 1131:7146) when tuning to
> certain frequencies, roughly in the 11700-11800 MHz range.  Channels
> outside this interval are tuned OK.
> It does not look like an antenna-related issue, since feeding the same
> input to a different card (Twinhan VP1032) or a set-top box gives good
> results with all channels.

Satelco is a rebrand of the KNC1 product line (or the other way around). And I encountered similar problems with the KNC1 TV-Station DVB-S card as well. But in my case, I had only problems with the transponders on Astra 28.2e which had the BBC and ITV channels on them. Other sats (or at least, the ones I could receive and watch) didn't had the problems.

> Anyone with similar experiences (with this or other cards)?

First I thought it was an dish-alligment problem. But after switching to a TT-1500S the problem was resolved. I then thought allready it was a driver problem. Because the TT-1500S resolved it, I never thought about it again till your message.

> Thanks,
>  David

Regards,

Niels Wagenaar