[linux-dvb] Leadtek DTV1000s Development Help

Mitchell, J.G. jgm11 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Sep 26 03:02:41 CEST 2008

Hello Everyone,

I bought this card some months back now and I did a bit of research to find out to my dissapointment that it is not supported under Linux. However, I am about to embark on an Embedded Systems Engineering degree and I thought that maybe, developing a device driver for this card would be a good start? Now I have found that this card incorporates the SAA7130, TDA10048 and TDA18271.

I currently run ArchLinux and have some programming experience, I am reading a couple of books at the moment such as Programming Embedded Systems and C Programming (K&R) so I have a good base to work from and can refer to the books if i need some technical help.

At the moment I am at a loss to where to start, would somebody be able to point me in the right direction to start working on this project?

Regards,
Jack.