[linux-dvb] [ANNOUNCE] DVB API improvements

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 17:37:44 CEST 2008

Hello Derek,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:12 AM, VDR User <user.vdr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Regardless of this api mess (which I accept either way), there are
> many people who are unhappy with Mauro Chehab as dvb maintainer and
> have been for some time.  I suspect more of this will become public
> since things have finally reached a point of enough-is-enough.

Perhaps your comments would carry more credibility if you would
provide your full name and the number of commits you have made to the
v4l-dvb codebase in the last year.

This is a open source developers list, which generally makes it a
meritocracy.  If Mauro were actually incompetent, I am quite confident
that the developers who are *actively committing code* would not stand
for it.  The reality is though that the people who work with him on a
regular basis are in most cases the same people who have backed the
S2API proposal.  It's not a coincidence that the same people that
supported the proposal are major contributors to the project.

Are there communication/personality issues?  Certainly.  However,
unless you are actively contributing code to the project, please leave
the developers to work through this issue without your help.

Thank you,

Devin Heitmueller

Devin J. Heitmueller
AIM: devinheitmueller