[linux-dvb] Need help getting the remote of a Nova-T USB-Stick to work

Oliver Kleinecke okleinecke at web.de
Fri Sep 26 19:18:58 CEST 2008

Hi all !

I just got my iBook G4 running on Debian Etch 4.0 (PPC Archtitecture!!)

Everything works fine, now im trying to get my Nova-T USB-Stick Remote to work.

I compiled the latest stable v4l-dvb-drivers, everything worked fine, and i`m able to watch tv with kaffeine and mythtv already.
Now i would like to get the remote to work .. the ir-receiver shows up during boot, giving the following ouput :

"kernel: input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input7".

If i do a lsinput, the device shows up like this :

/dev/input/event7
   bustype : BUS_USB
   vendor  : 0x2040
   product : 0x7070
   version : 256
   name    : "IR-receiver inside an USB DVB re"
   phys    : "usb-0001:10:1b.2-1/ir0"
   bits ev : EV_SYN EV_KEY

so i`m pretty sure i am not toooo far away from the solution.

but if i press a button on the rc, it just gives me kernel messages like this :

"kernel: dib0700: Unknown remote controller key: 1D  2  0  0"

After a bit of googling, i found out, that there seems to be a solution, using a diff file, which i downloaded already, its attached to this mail.

Now i need a bit of support in using this diff-file correctly, and some infos on how to continue then..

Any help is very appreciated :)

Thx in advance, Oliver

In 5 Schritten zur eigenen Homepage. Jetzt Domain sichern und gestalten!
Nur 3,99 EUR/Monat! http://www.maildomain.web.de/?mc=021114