[linux-dvb] Porting analog support from HVR-1500 to the DViCO FusionHDTV7 Dual Express (Read this one)

Tim Lucas lucastim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 04:02:03 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Steven Toth <stoth at linuxtv.org> wrote:

> Tim Lucas wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 6:07 PM, Tim Lucas <lucastim at gmail.com <mailto:
>> lucastim at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    OK, so I tested both s-video and composite inputs.  I get video for
>>    s-video, but not composite.  The video seems to flicker a little bit
>>    in tv time.  I just have standard rca cables plugged in for audio,
>>    but I can;t get any sound.
>>    I tried changing the "tuner-type" to 0xc2, 0xc4, and 0x61.  All
>>    three gave the same results.
>>
>>         --Tim
>>

>> So the good news was that the s-video was working.  I want to make sure
>> that I hooked up the sound correctly.  I can't imagine that there is any
>> other way than the rca cables.  So what is next?
>>

> That's a great step forward. That means the tv input will probably produce
> the correct input if the tuner is set correctly.
>
> Switch to this tree http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/cx23885-audio and try
> again with the svideo and audio tests.
>
> Mijhail Moreyra wrote some HVR1500 audio patches, which I have not tested
> yet. Do these produce audio for you via the svideo and breakout RCA audio
> input cable?
>>

>> The only things that I can adjust in cx23885-cards.c is the "tuner-type"
>>  I've tried various suggestions, but had no luck.  Are there other
>> parameters that can be changed?
>>

> Look at how the HVR1500 analog tuner is setup in this tree, it may help -
> especially with the tuner setup.
>
> - Steve

I have been using the cx23885-audio branch the entire time.  I still do not
get audio.

I have a thought about the setup. I was looking at this part of the HVR-1500
driver

.input          = {{
.type   = CX23885_VMUX_TELEVISION,
                        .vmux   =       CX25840_VIN7_CH3 |
                                        CX25840_VIN5_CH2 |
                                        CX25840_VIN2_CH1,
.gpio0  = 0,
                }, {
                        .type   = CX23885_VMUX_COMPOSITE1,
                        .vmux   =       CX25840_VIN7_CH3 |
                                        CX25840_VIN4_CH2 |
                                        CX25840_VIN6_CH1,
                        .gpio0  = 0,
                }, {
                        .type   = CX23885_VMUX_SVIDEO,
                        .vmux   =       CX25840_VIN7_CH3 |
                                        CX25840_VIN4_CH2 |
                                        CX25840_VIN8_CH1 |
                                        CX25840_SVIDEO_ON,
                        .gpio0  = 0,
                } },

The DVICO FusionHDTV5 board has the following
[CX88_BOARD_DVICO_FUSIONHDTV_5_GOLD] = {
                .name           = "DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Gold",
                .tuner_type     = TUNER_LG_TDVS_H06XF, /* TDVS-H062F */
                .radio_type     = UNSET,
                .tuner_addr     = ADDR_UNSET,
                .radio_addr     = ADDR_UNSET,
                .tda9887_conf   = TDA9887_PRESENT,
                .input          = {{
                        .type   = CX88_VMUX_TELEVISION,
                        .vmux   = 0,
                        .gpio0  = 0x87fd,
                },{
                        .type   = CX88_VMUX_COMPOSITE1,
                        .vmux   = 1,
                        .gpio0  = 0x87f9,
                },{
                        .type   = CX88_VMUX_SVIDEO,
                        .vmux   = 2,
                        .gpio0  = 0x87f9,
                }},
                .mpeg           = CX88_MPEG_DVB,
        },

Notice that .vmux and .gpio0 are set very differently.  Evidently these
values were set according to the rules

 /*

                   GPIO[0] resets DT3302 DTV receiver

                    0 - reset asserted

                    1 - normal operation

                   GPIO[1] mutes analog audio output connector

                    0 - enable selected source

                    1 - mute

                   GPIO[2] selects source for analog audio output connector

                    0 - analog audio input connector on tab

                    1 - analog DAC output from CX23881 chip

                   GPIO[3] selects RF input connector on tuner module

                    0 - RF connector labeled CABLE

                    1 - RF connector labeled ANT

                   GPIO[4] selects high RF for QAM256 mode

                    0 - normal RF

                    1 - high RF

                */

which are found in the dvico fusionhdtv 3 section.  Of course, I could just
be grasping at straws.  I have included Michael on this email to possibly
shed some light on this.  I figure that .vmux and .gpio0 have to be set
differently so that it uses settings from the dvico board, but then if I
changed those values, it wouldn't be using settings from the cx25840 driver.

--
    --Tim