[linux-dvb] SkyStar HD2 (TwinHan VP-1041/Mantis) S2API support

Dave Lister foceni at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 23:37:33 CEST 2009

2009/4/10 Hartmut <spieluhr at ewetel.net>:
> I have the same card since 6 weeks and it works in "non HD-TV-mode" on
> opensuse 11.0. The driver is: Driver used:
> http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin. From what you wrote I
> think the card is working. But try to scan in this way:
>
> scan-s2 -a 1 -s 0 -x 0 -t 1 /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-19.2E >
> ~/.szap/channels1.conf
>
> This worked for me. -a 1 is the my second TV-card, you should use 0, -s 0 is
> OK, -x 0 finds only free-to-air-channels, t -1 finds only TV. You output in
> dmesg is OK, shows that the card is working.

It's really working? That would be great, because s2-liplianin is
S2API-based; DVB API v5 is AFAIK the future. I've only had _some_
success with the multiproto mantis driver just today, but that one is
deprecated and I'm not very happy about it. Now I can see basic DVB-S
picture, but the rest is almost unusable. I'd like to ask you for a
few details about your setup. I'd be very grateful for this info, as
it might allow me to switch to the new driver:

1) cat /proc/version
2) lspci -v -v
3) lsmod
4) dmesg (or a logfile containing your SkyStar HD2 driver msg)
5) scan-s2 (console output & dmesg logs about bandwidth/frequency get/set)
6) which revision of s2-liplianin you use? (could you .tar.gz and
upload for me?)