[linux-dvb] Request for hardware

Steven Toth stoth at linuxtv.org
Sat Apr 25 17:11:06 CEST 2009

> This device is supported in Markus's closed source driver only.  It
> will not be merged into the mainline kernel, and there are no plans at
> this time for anyone else to reverse engineer the Micronas demod and
> write an open source driver.

Message to all:

If some kind individual would mail me a Cinergy HTC USB stick, with the Micronas
Demod, then I'd be happy to spend my free time reverse engineering the demod and
creating a GPL driver.

I'm tired of the Micronas nonsense so let's get a barebones GPL driver in v4l-dvb.

If someone will ship me the hardware I'll do the rest.

- Steve