[linux-dvb] linuxtv wiki device database progress

H. Langos henrik-dvb at prak.org
Thu Dec 3 15:09:20 CET 2009

Hi there,

I guess I already talked enough about the device database article in
the wiki, where device data from one template
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Template:USB_Device_Data
can be displayed/filtered in many different articles
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices#DVB-T_USB_Devices
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/AVerMedia_AVerTV_Digi_Volar_X_%28A815%29
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Artec
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/MSI_DigiVox_mini_II_V3.0

I'd just like to let you guys know that I'll be mostly offline
in the brazilean jungle for some month. Thats why I will not be able to
work on that project for a while. I hope somebody will pick it up but
I'm afraid it will lie dormant for some month.

I am not sure if the whole thing is mature enough to mention it in the
new device article template. I guess to have it there we will need somebody
to take responsibility for PCI and PCIe devices. There are already a lot of
those (though no where near as many as USB devices), and it would make sense
to translate the data from that table, into a structured data set that can
be included whereever it is needed.

Take care and see you guys in april.

-henrik

PS: I'll unsubscribe from linux-dvb and linux-media for the time being. So
if there's anything you need to ask, write an email directly to me.