[linux-dvb] Hauppauge PVR-150 Vertical sync issue?

Robert Longfield robert.longfield at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 21:09:26 CET 2009

Well it gets even better.
So on the weekend I was able to steal a few minutes to properly
trouble shoot the issue now that I know it was in the mythbuntu box.
As a long shot I pulled out the Promise Tech Ultra133 TX2 / ATA card I
am using for the backup drive. With this card removed the sync issue
went away, when I put the card back in the issue returned. Now this
card was in the slot right next to the PVR-150 card. I moved the
controller card as far away as I could get from the PVR-150 and the
sync issue was gone.

So it would appear that the Promise Tech card was causing some EM
interference with the PVR-150 card. I will keep an eye on this to make
sure that this was indeed the issue.

Does it seem reasonable that this card would kick out interference like this?