[linux-dvb] Extracting video stream

BOUWSMA Barry freebeer.bouwsma at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 19:09:57 CET 2009

Sorry for taking so long to reply...

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Jelle De Loecker wrote:

> This is not a real -dvb question, but -media seemed too official.

Unfortunately, it is exactly the sort of question that belongs
on -media (or the v4linux list it replaced), and has no bearing
on DVB at all...

``Too official''?  On a list where more than half the posts
seem to discuss webcams and other analogue sources?
Nevertheless...

> unfortunately it uses its own (very simple) protocol: it's a bunch of
> jpegs in a row.
> I have this script that checks the stream every second and creates a
> jpeg out of it,
> but I really want a continuous video stream. Is there a way to do this?

I really don't know anything about this, but might MJPEG
(a motion-picture series of JPEG images) be a solution?

You are far more likely to reach people who can help on the
-media list, if you haven't received an off-list response
already...

just saying,
barry bouwsma