[linux-dvb] KWorld PlusTV Dual DVB-T Stick (DVB-T 399U) / AF9015 - Dual tuner enabled by default =Bad signal reception

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 21:37:39 CET 2009

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 06:24:42 am Antti Palosaari wrote:
> Yes, it really looks like there is some sensitivity drop when both
> tuners are enabled. However in my understanding tuner #1 in dual mode
> have almost same performance than tuner #0 in single mode. Also current
> MXL5005S tuner driver has not best performance...

Yes, I'd noticed that. My TT works fine for most channels with both tuners
except for one (SBS) which has less signal strength, both tuners fail on it -
my single tuners don't.

Another dual tuner (Lifeview TV Walker) has similar problems.

All my tuners are feed off a powered splitter so I presume the problem with the
dual tuners are they split the signal internally.

I'll give the alternative driver you posted a go.

--
Lindsay Mathieson
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home