[linux-dvb] HVR2250 / HVR2200 / SAA7164 status

David Gundersen gundyman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 02:21:40 CET 2009

Steve,

Do you know if Hauppauge are willing/able to dish out the
hardware/programming specifications for these cards?

I understand that you're busy with other things, but it seems that there are
a lot of people waiting on support for these cards, and by the sound of it
there are at least a few who have enough experience and/or time to have a
good run at getting something going..

I don't want to sound ungrateful, as I (and many others) appreciate the
amount of time and effort that you put into these things but I also
appreciate that there's only so much time in the day that you can spend on
driver development, and I think that you should at least acknowledge people
who are willing and able to help (eg. Davin), rather than just coming back
with 'no progress'...

If there are problems organising things like NDA's etc or if Hauppauge don't
want to share information then that's fine - I guess we'll just have to
wait...  but if there is any way of letting someone else have a go, then all
I would ask is that you please consider letting them take some of the burden
off your shoulders.

Regards,
Dave.