[linux-dvb] DAB SFN (was: Re: dib0700 "buggy sfn workaround" or equivalent)

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Tue Feb 10 10:45:37 CET 2009

Hi Barry,

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, BOUWSMA Barry wrote:
> Is it in theory possible that this may be the source of some
> problems I experience receiving DAB radio, using a multi-
> element directional antenna, regardless of orientation, in
> a location with reception from at least two and possibly more
> than four senders within eyesight, or close to that?
>
> It's a completely different manufacturer (Siano) and the
> problem disappears when I simply use a short indoor whip
> antenna with adequate S/N ratio.

I'm not sure how Siano's demodulator is working (not to say, I don't know
it at all) for SFNs.

Your scenario could also be explained with a too strong signal. When the
ADC is saturated the reception is bad. Especially when not using in-can
tuners (but silicon ones) you can face the issue easily.

But your problem could also be explained by a 100 of different things I
don't know.

Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de