[linux-dvb] mt352 no more working after suspend to disk

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 13:39:09 CET 2009

I've tried to configure my system for suspends and here are my conclusions,
maybe it will be helpful:

Make sure no applications are using drivers that generally make problems
after suspend, that means you have to stop/kill them before suspending. I
use pm-utils script to stop application before suspend and start
applications after that.
Make sure you reload the drivers after resume. pm-utils has a feature to
unload modules before suspend and reload them after resume automatically,
check the SUSPEND_MODULES configuration. That method works fine for my DVB-S
drivers, but don't work for my WiFi card, so I had to reload the driver
after resume in my script.

Hope it helps.