[linux-dvb] Is it possible to view digital teletext

sinter sinter.mann at gmx.de
Sat Jan 3 07:30:01 CET 2009

Am Samstag 03 Januar 2009 05:41:37 schrieb Mike Martin:
> Does anyone know if it is possible to view dvb teletext through linux
>
> After extensive googling I cant seem to find anything. Not even sure
> if i am getting the right pid
>
> Any help apreciated  (I am in the UK)
>
> Thanks

Hello Mike,

There do in fact exist two alternatives to view DVB teletext using Linux:

a. mtt
b. alevt-dvb

mtt is part of the xawtv pre 4.0 tarball which you can find here:
http://dl.bytesex.org/cvs-snapshots/

If you're interested in a Debian package or an extracted tarball please ask
me.

alevt-dvb is a patched version of the former alevt for analogue TV.
It also lies here as tarball and Debian package.
In case of interest just ask.

Cheers

sinter