[linux-dvb] DVB-S Channel searching problem

Gregoire Favre gregoire.favre at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 17:37:44 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 05:06:59PM +0100, hermann pitton wrote:

Hello,

> it must not be related at all, since it is still not clear how the wrong
> tuner type sneaked in, could still be caused by user/system options.
>
> But there seem to be some potential module load order problems.
> In any case, I would not use "make load" at all trying to debug such!
>
> I just tried and had to reboot on a x86_32 including lost keyboard.

Oh, then I am not the only one with this lost keyboard problem ;-)
I hope you got an sshd open on your computer and could reboot without
too much troubles ?

So, would it be right in order to debug this to compil an updated
v4l-dvb's hg with debug enabled, then "make install" from v4l dir, and
issue :

modprobe budget_ci
modprobe cx8800
modprobe cx88_alsa