[linux-dvb] bug in locking patch for dvb ca en50221 driver

Matthias Dahl mldvb at mortal-soul.de
Tue Jan 6 19:40:45 CET 2009

Hi Mauro.

I am absolutely sorry that it's been ages since my last mail regarding this
patch but life intervened in every way possible actually... and still does.
To make matters worse, we (luckily) switched to dvb-s, so I am unfortunately
no longer able make further tests if time would permit. :-(

I have used this patch on my machine for weeks after my last post and haven't
had any trouble with it. Still there seems to be a hard to hit race condition
now which would need further testing. Nevertheless IMHO the patch is a real
improvement to the situation because before one could frequently run into
issues... and now things work just fine most of the time.

Best regards,
matthias.