Vanessa Ezekowitz vanessaezekowitz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 20:37:43 CET 2009

On Thu January 8 2009 6:06:49 am Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> I just subscribed to this list and already received a first posting.
> Unfortunately this list doesn't mark postings' subjects with the
> list name, as in
>   [linux-dvb] Merging V4L, DVB and Maintainers Mailing lists...
> where I could immediately see whether this is a "normal" email
> or a list posting.

Check the "To" field.  In the case of your message, it shows "linux-dvb at linuxtv.org" on my end.  Set your mailer to match this address in any/all headers and you'll probably catch everything destined for this list.

I'm of the opinion that [linux-dvb] and similar really should be *stripped* from the subject line of mailing lists in general, since there are other ways to identify mailing lists (such as the "List-Id" header field, which is also valid for this list).  I've set Kmail to sort in a similar manner, with each list's messages going into their appropriate mail folders.

"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."
Vanessa Ezekowitz <vanessaezekowitz at gmail.com>