[linux-dvb] Cross-posting linux-media, linux-dvb etc

Hans Verkuil hverkuil at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 16 15:55:00 CET 2009

On Friday 16 January 2009 15:48:45 Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> Hi Mauro,
>
> Since the creation of linux-media at vger.kernel.org I'm seeing lots of
> cross-postings between linux-dvb, linux-media and video4linux. This
> is a little bit annoying if you are subscribed to all of those lists.
>
> Worse is, that some people only send requests to linux-media. Like
> that linux-dvb-only subscribers can't help...
>
> Why not closing linux-dvb (and video4linux) and transferring the
> currently subscribed users to linux-media automatically?

I agree with Patrick. I suggest a daily automatic posting to linux-dvb
and video4linux telling people that on February 1st these lists
disappear and that they should use linux-media instead. Then they can
be closed down at the end of the month. I definitely wouldn't wait any
longer since it is rather messy right now. One month transition period
seems reasonable to me.

Regards,

	Hans