[linux-dvb] DVICO Dual Digital 4 DVB-T Revision2 : Strange Remote Control Issue

drappa drappa at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 20 02:17:42 CET 2009

Hi All

I have one of these cards running perfectly in a current Mythbuntu 8.10
system.
Yesterday, I needed to run it under MS VISTA in a dual boot system for some
testing.
The VISTA installation proved problematical but the main issue is that the
IR Remote will no longer function under VISTA.
I tried rolling back to previous versions of the DVICO drivers but still
nothing.
Booted back into Mythbuntu and the remote was fine.
I'm at a loss to understand why. Is anything written to firmware when the
card is installed in a Linux system?

Regards
Drappa