[linux-dvb] Cross-posting linux-media, linux-dvb etc

stev391 at email.com stev391 at email.com
Tue Jan 20 23:47:06 CET 2009

  Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
  > On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:13:26 +0100
  > Lars Hanisch wrote:
  >
  >> Mike Isely wrote:

  This

  Like

  >>> Amen to that. I've been telling people to go over to linux-media,
  but old habits are hard
  >>> to break. It's time to actually make a clean break from the old
  lists.
  >> +1 from me
  >>
  >> Although I'm not an active developer (I'm just an interested
  user), reading the lists at
  >> the moment is hard...
  >
  > Instead of just removing the ML, maybe the better is to change the
  reply to to
  > linux-media and send an autoreply message to the sender.
  >> Lars.
  >
  > Cheers,
  > Mauro

  Reasons I'd like to keep both lists going:

  1. My subscription requests to linux-media have yielded nothing.
  Anything broken with the
  approval process?

  2. I agree with another poster: I only care about broadcast and cable
  video, both analog and
  digital. I eventually hope to help get my "AnyTV AUTV002 USB ATSC/QAM
  Tuner Stick" supported by
  V4L, and then use it in a MythTV system. I'd prefer a list that
  focuses on such devices and
  systems, if possible. Which seems to match the mission of linux-dvb!

  The general issue of multi-posting seems typical of list
  forking/merging/moving, and should
  settle down as the intent of each of the lists in the group of lists
  becomes better established
  in practice.

  -BobC

I have not yet subscribed to the new mailing list as there appears to be
no "digest" option.  I do not want 100's of emails filling up my inbox, I
prefer it all to be condensed down into a managable amount of emails.
Before any says that I should have a filter or (insert some other
similiar feature) to handle the emails.  This is not an option for me.

Regards,

Stephen.

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!