[linux-dvb] DVICO Dual Digital 4 DVB-T Revision2 : Strange Remote Control Issue

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 16:27:36 CET 2009

>Is there a way to test this and/or reset  the card to its original state?

I had an earlier model Dvico Dual Tuner with similar problems when I first tried to make it work (linux drivers were not part of the kernel at that stage).  It would work in windows, but had problems in linux.  To resolve the firmware issue I removed the power cord from my pc and left it overnight.  Leaving the power cord attached was not good enough.  That seemed to clear any firmware on the card.  Next time I used it linux told me it detected the card "cold" and loaded firmware.  I think windows did the same thing.  If it didn't, I removed and reinstalled the windows drivers.

Simply rebooting the pc did not work either.

Craig