[linux-dvb] How to use scan-s2?

Jens Krehbiel-Gräther linux-dvb at okg-computer.de
Sun Jan 25 10:49:16 CET 2009

Artem Makhutov schrieb:
> Hello,
> I am wondering on how to use scan-s2.
> When running scan-s2 like this I am only getting 13 services:
> scan-s2 -a 2 -o zap /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-19.2E > channels.conf
> when running
> scan-s2 -a 2 -n -o zap /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-19.2E > channels.conf
> then I am getting 152 services.
> When running the old dvbscan application I am getting 1461 services:
> dvbscan -a 2 -o zap /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-19.2E > channels.conf
> Have I missed a parameter in scan-s2 or what else could be the problem?
> Thanks, Artem

Hi Artem!

I had the same "problem".When add no options I am only getting a few
When I add the "-n" option I get some more services but all services I
only get, when I am adding "-n -5".

the "-5" means:
multiply all filter timeouts by factor 5 for non-DVB-compliant section
repitition rates

The scan takes a long time then, but I get 1476 services (Astra 19.2).
My device is a Pinnacle PCTV 452e (USB).
Perhaps this switch is working with your device, too?