[linux-dvb] How to use scan-s2?

Darron Broad darron at kewl.org
Tue Jan 27 15:11:27 CET 2009

In message <1233017978.3061.2.camel at palomino.walls.org>, Andy Walls wrote:

LO

>On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 22:31 +0200, Alex Betis wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Darron Broad <darron at kewl.org>
>> wrote:
>>         In message
>>         <c74595dc0901261130k6bdb6882lfb18c650cbca4abf at mail.gmail.com>,
>>         Alex
>>         Betis wrote:
>>         >
>>         >On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Darron Broad
>>         <darron at kewl.org> wrote:
>>         >
>>         >> In message
>>         <c74595dc0901260753x8b9185fu33f2a96ffbe13016 at mail.gmail.com>,
>>         >> Alex Betis wrote:
>>         >>
>>         >> lo
>>         >>
>>         >> <snip>
>>         >> >
>>         >> >The bug is in S2API that doesn't return ANY error message
>>         at all :)
>
>Aside from Darron's observation, doesn't the result field of any
>particular S2API property return with a non-0 value on failure?
>
>(Sorry, I missed the original thread on the S2API return values.)

The actual tuning occurs within a thread and not when issuing
the tuning IOCTL. The only means to determine whether tuning
worked or not is inspection of the frontend events generated
within that thread. So, if the params are wrong, the IOCTL
can fail, but that's not the problem Alex is experiencing
where the params are correctly formed yet not supported in
the driver.

I did look at a means to expose supported params a while ago
but it's ugly so I haven't gone forward with it.

Bye

--

 // /
{:)==={ Darron Broad <darron at kewl.org>