[linux-dvb] Re : Technotrend Budget S2-3200 Digital artefacts on HDchannels

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 22:13:13 CET 2009

Alex Betis wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>>> Hmm OK, but is there by any chance a fix for those issues somewhere or
>>> in the pipe at least? I am willing to test (as I already offered), I
>>> can compile the drivers, spread printk or whatever else is needed to
>>> get useful reports. Let me know if I can help sort this problem. BTW in
>>> my case it is DVB-S2 30000 SR and FEC 5/6.
>> It was quite not appreciable on my part to provide a fix or reply in
>> time nor spend much time on it earlier, but that said i was quite
>> stuck up with some other things.
>>
>> Can you please pull a copy of the multiproto tree
>> http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto or the v4l-dvb tree from
>> http://jusst.de/hg/v4l-dvb
>>
>> and apply the following patch and comment what your result is ?
>> Before applying please do check whether you still have the issues.
>
> Manu,
> I've tried to increase those timers long ago when played around with my card
> (Twinhan 1041) and scan utility.
> I must say that I've concentrated mostly on DVB-S channels that wasn't
> always locking.
> I didn't notice much improvements. The thing that did help was increasing
> the resolution of scan zigzags.

With regards to the zig-zag, one bug is fixed in the v4l-dvb tree.
Most likely you haven't tried that change.

> I've sent a patch on that ML and people were happy with the results.

I did look at your patch, but that was completely against the tuning
algorithm.

[..]

> I believe DVB-S2 lock suffer from the same problem, but in that case the
> zigzag is done in the chip and not in the driver.

Along with the patch i sent, does the attached patch help you in
anyway (This works out for DVB-S2 only)?