[linux-dvb] Technisat SkyStar HD + CI + AlphaCrypt says "PC card did not respond"

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Wed Jan 28 23:39:12 CET 2009

Hardware:
- DVB-S2: TechniSat SkyStar HD = Technotrend S2-3200
- CI: With corresponding CI
- CA: AlphaCrypt Light
- Pay-TV smartcard
Software:
- Ubuntu 8.04
- (A) Linux 2.6.28 with S2API drivers
- (B) Linux 2.6.27-rc5 with multiproto drivers (hg 855d0c878944)
- (C) Linux 2.6.23.1 with multiproto driver (20071118)
- gnutv

I keep getting "dvb_ca adaptor 0: PC card did not respond :(" on
/var/log/syslog

I purchased a new AlphaCrypt and new CI (!), but still same problem :(

It used to work, I could record even encrypted HD movies with this card
and older multiproto drivers (C) and another distro (Gentoo) about one
year ago.

I'm puzzled and don't know what to do anymore. I have excluded almost
all possibilities. Only remaining factors could be DVB card, smartcard,
and distro.