[linux-dvb] problems with Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C MK3 after mainboard switch

Matthias Müller keef at networkhell.de
Sun Jul 12 13:04:28 CEST 2009

Matthias Müller schrieb:
> Ok, I cleaned the cards one more and atm there's only 1 card in the
> system. Blew out all dust (the motherboard arrived brand new yesterday,
> so probably not necessary), still the same probs. After heavy IO the
> card dies.
> I plugged one of the cards back in the old motherboard and installed a
> backup vdr, no probs at all with that card. Everything else on the new
> mainboard works like a charm, so I doubt the board is broken.
>
> Still looking for any other hints,

After testing it with a dvb-c ff card and having the same probs, I
tracked it down further and it's triggered by fast switching of the cpu
frequency. After disabling the ondemand governor everything works as
expected.
So linux-media/linux-dvb are definitely the wrong lists for that kind of
prob.

Thanks,
Matthias