No subject

Mon Jul 27 00:19:59 CEST 2009

I installed powertop and found that there were 500 wakeups/s occuring from `run_workqueue (ir_timer)' which I assume is to do with polling the built in remote receiver on these tuner cards.  I no longer use these Leadtek remotes, instead using a mceusb type one - so would like to stop this polling.

I tried a hack with my limited c knowledge - I edited cx88-input.c to remove all references to the DTV1000 card (two places) and recompiled the modules.  Now the rapid polling has gone.  The reponse of the new mceusb remote seems to be much better now too.  The problem is that I don't want to have to recompile these modules each time there is an update package to the kernel available.

My question is - is there any way to stop this polling without having to recompile the modules?  Some option to pass to them maybe?  If there isn't, would it be a good idea?

Thanks for any help.