[linux-dvb] Best stable DVB-S2 cards

sacha sacha at hemmail.se
Mon Jun 22 21:21:45 CEST 2009

Claes
Forget all that has with stability to do on Linux, it will never work!
It is my experience after three years of desperate trying. I have the
same card and some others. Sometimes they works sometimes no. 24 hours
running is called High Availability in IT world and can be assured only
by the commercial solutions. Believe me, I spent 14 years in commercial
Unix and know what I am talking about.

KR

>Hi,
>I currently have a Azurewave AD-SP400 CI (Twinhan VP-1041)  DVB-S2
>card
>but I'm not sure if it
>that stable to have it running 24h every day on a server.
>I'm looking for a good DVB-S2 card that works out of the box in Linux
>kernel, does anyone have any good
>recommendations, both with or without CI. It's important that it is
>stable so I don't have to restart the server.
>I'm running Ubuntu Server 9.04 64-bit with kernel 2.6.28-11-server.

</Claes