[linux-dvb] USBVision device defaults

Tim Williams tmw at autotrain.org
Mon Jun 29 15:04:11 CEST 2009

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Andy Walls wrote:

> According to the V4L2 specification for the close() call, all devices
> should remember their settings.
>
> There have been recent discussions on devices that do power management
> not saving the RF tuner freq after the final close() (and what to do
> about it), but the last input and standard should be preserved.  (Note,
> I have not looked at the usbvision driver to look for problems.)

It would appear that the usbvision driver isn't following the spec. As I
mentioned in my earlier message, there is an LED which indicates that the
box is active. Under windows this comes on and stays on after the first
use, until reboot. Under linux it always goes off when the programme using
the device exits.