[linux-dvb] EC168 support?!

Antti Palosaari crope at iki.fi
Wed Mar 11 12:34:55 CET 2009

moi Jo!
bloehei wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm reading this list because I'm - like many others I guess - waiting for my
> EC168 based Sinovideo 3420b to be supported under linux. Now I've read this
> (https://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Default.dx/sku.8325~threadid.278942) post
> and was supprised that there already is some code that seems to be working
> for some other EC168 sticks. Sadly, it doesn't work for my device.
> I want to thank Antti Palosaari for the work on the driver and suggest, that
> it should be communicated more clearly that there already is a code base for
> a driver.

It is ugly few hour hack driver which I did when I tried to order Intel
ce6230 based stick but got E3C ec168 one.
Anyhow, it seems to work with 8 MHz bandwidth. I think you have 6 or 7
MHz? It is rather easy to add 6 and 7 too, just take usb-sniff and look
registers programmed differently.
Are you using 6 or 7 MHz?

regards
Antti