[linux-dvb] EPG (Electronic Program Guide) Tools

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Wed May 27 17:03:04 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Steven Toth <stoth at kernellabs.com> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> You'd expect to be able to get 3-4 days of advanced data to populate a guide
> with, in reality you can often get as little a six hours and that's it. The
> mandatory side of the spec is weak in this area. six hours is fine for Now /
> Next but of little use for anything else.
>
> Depending on your needs, your mileage may vary.
>
> Regards,
>
> - Steve

Steve,

The spec requires that at a minimum EIT-0 thorugh EIT-3 be sent
(discussed on page 41 of A/65C).  Of course, I don't know if
broadcasters actually comply with the requirement (although I suspect
they could be liable for FCC fines if they do not).  I will get a
better idea when I start working on EIT support for Kaffeine.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com