[linux-dvb] Hauppauge PVR-150 Vertical sync issue?

Robert Longfield robert.longfield at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 19:05:01 CET 2009

I have a PVR-150 card running on mythbuntu 9 and it appears that my card is
suffering a vertical (and possibly a horizontal) sync issue.

The video jumps around, shifts from side to side, up and down and when it
shifts the video wraps. I'm including a link to a screen shot showing the
vertical sync problem

http://imagebin.ca/view/6fS-14Yi.html

This is pretty tame to what happens sometimes. I haven't noticed this on all
channels as we are mostly using this to record shows for my son.

Here is my setup. Pentium 4 2 Ghz with a gig of ram. 40 gig OS drive, 150
gig drive for recording, 250 gig drive for backup and storage, a dvd-burner.
The 150 gig drive is on a Promise Ultra133 TX2 card but exhibits no issues
on reads or writes.
I have cable connected to the internal tuner of my PVR-150 card and S-video
from an Nvidia card (running Nvidea drivers) out to the TV.

I don't know what else I can provide to help out but let me know and I'll
get it.

Thanks,
-Rob