[linux-dvb] Hauppauge PVR-150 Vertical sync issue?

Andy Walls awalls at radix.net
Wed Nov 25 00:43:50 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 13:05 -0500, Robert Longfield wrote:
> I have a PVR-150 card running on mythbuntu 9 and it appears that my
> card is suffering a vertical (and possibly a horizontal) sync issue.
>
> The video jumps around, shifts from side to side, up and down and when
> it shifts the video wraps. I'm including a link to a screen shot
> showing the vertical sync problem
>
> http://imagebin.ca/view/6fS-14Yi.html

It looks like you have strong singal reflections in your cable due to
impedance mismatches, a bad splitter, a bad cable or connector, etc.

Please read:

http://www.ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto:Improve_signal_quality

and take steps to ensure you've got a good cabling plant in your home.

Regards,
Andy