[linux-dvb] linuxtv.org/wiki Please increase maximum execution time

H. Langos henrik-dvb at prak.org
Thu Oct 8 10:43:02 CEST 2009

I am working on
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Template:DVB-T_USB_Devices_ListData
and I get errors like this when trying to save the page:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
/var/www/wiki/extensions/ParserFunctions/ParserFunctions.php on line 107

or

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
/var/www/wiki/includes/parser/Preprocessor_DOM.php on line 1337

This is probably due to the extensive usage of templates and
parserfunctions. even though those are well within the defined
limits when rendering the page:

> NewPP limit report
> Preprocessor node count: 139929/1000000
> Post-expand include size: 282253/2097152 bytes
> Template argument size: 509259/2097152 bytes
> Expensive parser function count: 0/100

So my guess is that the server is under heavy load by something else and
therefore the php engine hits that 30 seconds limit.

would be nice if somebody could take a look at the server and possibly
increase the maximum execution time in the php.ini

cheers
-henrik