[linux-dvb] linuxtv.org/wiki sleepers in the user database ;-)

H. Langos henrik-dvb at prak.org
Thu Oct 8 12:40:22 CEST 2009

I just took a look at the users list
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Special:ListUsers
to find out how it comes that we have > 6400 users but hardly any
changes in the wiki.

Of course this is mostly due to the fact that users are a bunch of lazy
bastards ;-) ... but apart from that there are several hundred "users" with
names that consist of 6 random hex characters. Their "User contributions"
list is as empty as their "Logs" page.

My guess is that they are left over from some stupid kid's wiki spamming
attack. Is it possible to put those zombies out of their missery to
avoid them being resurrected for some attack later?

cheers
-henrik