[linux-dvb] KWORLD 323U, kernel panic when trying to access ALSA interface

Marios Andreopoulos opensource at andmarios.com
Thu Oct 15 19:23:28 CEST 2009

On Thursday 15 of October 2009, Devin Heitmueller wrote:

> Hello Marios,
>
> Sorry about the extended delay on this.  Please try out the following
> tree and see if you still hit a panic:
>
> http://www.kernellabs.com/hg/~dheitmueller/em28xx-audio-panic
>
> Cheers,
>
> Devin

Hello Devin,

There is no need to apologize for anything! I am the one in debt here. :-)

I tried your tree but unfortunately I still get a kernel panic. Could it be that we have different hardware?
I confirmed that the modules compiled from your tree are installed in my current kernel’s module directory and
I made more than enough tries (aka panic and reboot), just to be sure.

Thanks for all the effort,
Marios