[linux-dvb] Tevii S660 USB card and dw2102 module generating RC messages

Paul Shepherd paul at whitelands.org.uk
Fri Apr 16 09:31:43 CEST 2010

I have a Tevii S660 (a usb dvb-s2 device) which is causing a problem.

After the S660 is attached to a USB 2 socket, the firmware is d/l and
everything looks fine but then there are continual RC (check/debug?)
messages every 150 ms, then some time later everything goes pear shaped,
see http://pastebin.com/r9DtUaqX

Tevii think the h/w is ok as it works in a Windows box with their
myTevii application.  It does work with Ubuntu while the RC messages are
occurring, I can watch and record SD+HD content in mythtv until the crash.

I have tried the latest tevii beta s/w (v4l and .fw files) and also the
v4l-dvb drivers from linuxtv dated 6 april - the same result each time.
  I can see in the dw2102.c where 150ms is defined and this seems the
same as other devices in the code.

Google suggests that others have seen the problem but it's not clear
what the solution is.

Three questions:

1) are the RC messages caused by a h/w or s/w issue?

2) if its s/w what do I need to do?

3) is the subsequent khubd crash related and how do I fix that?

I have a nova dvb-t usb box connected and that works fine - I assume
there's no interaction.

I am running Ubuntu 9.10 with the following kernel:

Linux antec300.home.org 2.6.31-20-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP Mon Feb 8
09:05:19 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

thanks for any suggestions, paul