[linux-dvb] Pinnacle Systems, Inc. PCTV 330e & 2.6.34 & /dev/dvb

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Mon Aug 9 17:01:38 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:56 AM, folkert <folkert at vanheusden.com> wrote:
> Ah and I see in the code that you are the maintainer :-)

I'm not sure I would call myself the maintainer, but I did do the VBI
support for both NTSC and PAL (including teletext).

> Something seems to be odd with the vbi support:
> mauer:~# alevt -vbi /dev/vbi0
> DMX_SET_FILTER: Invalid argument
> alevt: v4l2: broken vbi format specification
> alevt: cannot open device: /dev/vbi0

I'll have to look at the source code to alevt and see what exactly it
considers to be invalid.  The teletext support was tested with mtt,
but not alevt.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs