[linux-dvb] soft demux device

ozgur cagdas ocagdas at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 14:12:43 CET 2010

Hi All,

I have just compiled v4l-dvb successfully. My aim is to develop some experimental dvb applications on top of this dvb kernel api. Initially, I do not want to use any hardware and would like to play with the recorded ts files I have. So, is there any software demux device available within this package or somewhere else? If so, how can I load this device and make it work on a given ts file circularly? On the other hand, I have no /dev/dvb node  at the moment, so should I do anything for this or would loading the driver create it automatically?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ozgur.