[linux-dvb] Compro VideoMate U80 DVB-T USB 2.0 High Definition Digital TV Stick

Jan Hoogenraad jan-conceptronic at hoogenraad.net
Fri Jan 8 08:28:49 CET 2010

So: it is a Realtek 2831 device.

Please first check /lib/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules.
There seems to be a generic problem with Karmac there.
Look at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1327337 which gives
solution for the problem by installing a new rule:-

Under Ubuntu Karmac, I have heard that the anttip/rtl2831u driver works
  (alas without IR support) with this workaround. Of the
jhoogenraad/rtl2831-2 I have no confirmation yet.

Which one have you downloaded ?