[linux-dvb] Very poor quality on buget card TwinHan VP DST

Arnuschky arnuschky at xylon.de
Sun Jul 25 09:38:33 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am using a TwinHan VP DST card under Ubuntu Lucid Lynx (2.6.32-23
with s2-liplianin-dkms updated dvb drivers).

The card is detected fine, but does not seem to have analogue tuner. I
can scan channels fine, and I can watch TV using digital-only capable
applications (Me-TV, Kaffeine). Nevertheless, the general quality is
VERY bad. Basically, there's not a single frame without decoding error
and the picture freezes often. Sound suffers the same problem. It all
behaves like a bad signal/bad antenna installation.

The problem is: a parallel windows installation gives a crystal-clear
and stable picture, without touching the antenna in between.

I assume it's a channel fine-tune problem or decoder quality. Can
anyone help me with solving these problems?

Thanks
Arne