[linux-dvb] Terratec Cinergy Piranha tuning (again)

Erich N. Pekarek epek at gmx.net
Mon Jun 7 10:30:48 CEST 2010

Hello,

my DVB-T Stick, that formerly worked fine under previous kernel versions
now does not tune to any channel unter 2.6.32+.
The old repositories siano-dev and sms1xxx won´t compile without manual
changes to the code.

Symptoms: Stick gets recognized, firmware gets loaded, frontend gets
loaded. While tuning, signal an snr levels are always 0 (zero) with
actual modules from mainstream kernels. I already tried to look at the
source, but this specific model seems to run with basic initialisation,
while Hauppauge sticks and others have a specific initialization array.
I don't have any specification datasheets.

Do you have any idea, where to look for the bug? Could it be a
misinitialization of the stick's tuner?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Erich