[linux-dvb] Terratec Cinergy Piranha tuning (again)

BOUWSMA Barry freebeer.bouwsma at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 12:28:25 CEST 2010

Moin moin,

On Tue (Tuesday) 22.Jun (June) 2010, 11:08,  Erich N. Pekarek wrote:

> > That is, no frontend gets loaded for me.  So, no tuning.  The
> > other two devices attached at the moment both work properly.
>
> Yes, that problem sounds familiar - see my comment on this below, please.

This is also the case with the latest (at the time I built it a
few days ago) 2.6.35-rc3 kernel.

> > Plus I'll have to see what changes I need to get the DAB support
> > from Siano working properly, as I hadn't done that yet with the
> > 2.6.34-rc2 kernel.
>
> I can't help in that case, since, up to my knowlegde, in favour to dvb-t radio there is no dab-radio in Austria.

It is true that the ORF tests of DAB radio from Wien and Innsbruck
were discontinued -- a shame in my opinion, as part of the
services they offered were in better quality or at least
comparable to what I receive by satellite in .mp2 audio.

However I have some DAB/DAB+ ensembles nearby that I can receive
so my attempts to get that working should present no problem.

I will try to see what I can get working -- the 2.6.35-rc3 kernel
that I built has some serious networking issues (retries
apparently don't happen) and is useless for on-line use, as I want
the Siano device to be useful to me.

thanks,
barry bouwsma