[linux-dvb] Tevii S464 PCI DVB-S/S2 tuner

David Kubicek foceni at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 16:28:26 CET 2010

Hello Matthias,

I'd like to ask you, or anyone else who is also familiar with the new
TeVii's and their Linux support, about the new S464 tuner.

I have an excellent experience with old S460, it's the most stable
DVB-S2 card I ever had. I want to build a 5 card sat. back-end (most PCI
slots I found on any motherboard) and I'm looking for other cx88
alternatives from TeVii.

V4L sources suggest the new S464 is basically the same HW, except for
the new M88DS3000 demodulator. I think you're probably even better
person to ask about their performance in Linux. Does S464 work without
issues (voltage, 22kHz, DiSEqC, signal monitoring, S2)? Old S460 never
froze on me, it's 100% stable, quick to lock, no reboots required and
the sensitivity was OK - you see why I'm excited about the new S464.

Can you tell me what's new and better about S464? Is it ready for prime
time in Linux?

BTW, I must comment on your company's attitude towards Linux - proper
driver sources, official support, that's not what we're used to from
other manufacturers. Well done!

Best wishes,

--
David Kubicek