[linux-dvb] Problem with decrypting dvb-s channels

Koos van den Hout koos at kzdoos.xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 21 14:37:08 CET 2010

> I have tried several players. MythTV, MPlayer, Kaffeine. All of them
> shows unencrypted channels OK, but will not play any of the encrypted
> channels.
>
> This was working fine a couple of months back with the same HW.

"A couple of months" triggers me: for as far as I am aware dvb decoder
cards need regular 'entitlement messages' to continue to work. And
when the card is not in an active system for a long time it misses those
messages and gets shut out. You need to ask the card issuer to re-activate
the card (usually they offer this option on a website) and have the dvb-s
card, cam and dish all powered up and tuned to a transponder controlled
by the card-issuer.  Usually they advise you to tune to a certain channel.

                                            Koos

--
The Virtual Bookcase, the site about books, book   | Koos van den Hout
news and reviews http://www.virtualbookcase.com/   | http://idefix.net/