[linux-dvb] Is the dvb API doc current?

Martin Gibson Martin.Gibson at opentv.com
Wed Mar 31 21:00:21 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I have been looking at doing some experiments with Linux on standard set
top boxes leveraging off the existing Linux DVB API. I was wondering if
the document on the web is current
(http://linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l-dvb-apis/pt02.html) since there seems
to be some missing parts.

For instance in the frontend there is no distinction between DVB-S &
DVB-S2, and there are definitely some missing S2 values, i.e.

-          FEC values: 3/5, 9/10

-          Modulation: auto and 8PSK

-          No roll-off spec

-          On

In the demux API there seems to be no support for configuration of
hardware exclusion filtering in sections

To be clear this is not a criticism. I am just trying to establish if I
have the latest documents or if - for the purposes of my experiments - i
need to extend the capabilities of the devices.

Also, reading through the documentation I saw the following comment:

... Linux DVB-API called "S2API" and now DVB API 5

Is this a different API? Still in development?

Thanks

Martin

Martin Gibson  |    Architect

OpenTV

1215 Terra Bella Ave,  Mountain View,  CA 94043

Phone:  650-962-2184

Mobile: 415-290-3706